Skip to Main Content
Stem Cubic-Foot Volume Tabies for Tree Species in the Delta AreaAuthor(s): Alexander Clark; Ray A. Souter
Source: Res. Pap. SE-298. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 94 p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Southeastern Forest Experiment Station
Download Publication (5.8 MB)
DescriptionStemwood cubic-foot volume inside bark tables are presented for 13 species and 8 species groups based on equations used to estimate timber sale volumes on national forests in the Delta Area. Tables are based on form class measurement data for 990 trees sampled in the Delta Area and taper data collected across the South. A series of tables is presented for each species based on diameter at breast height (d.b.h.) in combination with total height and height to a Cinch diameter outside bark (d.o.b.) top. Volume tables are also presented based on diameter outside bark (d.o.b.) in combination with height to a 9-inch d.o.b. top. Sawtimber tables display saw-log stem volume by log (16-foot) and half-log (8-foot) intervals and also show stemwood volume to a 9-inch d.o.b. top and to a 4-inch d.o.b. top for all species. Pulpwood tables show stemwood volume to a 9-inch d.o.b.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationClark, Alexander, III; Souter, Ray A. 1996. Stem Cubic-Foot Volume Tabies for Tree Species in the Delta Area. Res. Pap. SE-298. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 94 p.
Keywordseight intervals, Saw-log volume, pulpwood volume, form class
- Stem Cubic-Foot Volume Tables for Tree Species in the Gulf and Atlantic Coastal Plain
- Stem Cubic-Foot Volume Tables for Tree Species in the Appalachian Area
- Stem Cubic-Foot Volume Tables for Tree Species in the Upper Coastal Plain
XML: View XML