Skip to Main Content
The timber resources of New HampshireAuthor(s): Roland H. Ferguson; Victor S. Jensen
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-1. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 46p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.85 MB)
DescriptionA resurvey of the timber resources in New Hampshire was completed in 1960. This report summarizes the timber-resource situation and the changes that have taken place in the 12 years since the first forest survey of New Hampshire. Field work for the initial survey was done entirely by the staff of the Northeastern Forest Experiment Station; the resurvey was a joint effort with the staff of the White Mountain National Forest. The National Forest personnel assumed responsibility for the resurvey of forest lands under their jurisdiction. The timber-supply outlook for the state and the demands for timber products have changed considerably. This report describes the current forest-land area and timber volumes and important changes or possible trends. Detailed statistical information and definitions of the terms used are presented in an Appendix. Users of the data in this report are cautioned to read with care the precise definitions of the terms used, the description of the forest-survey methods, and the statements pertaining to the reliability of the estimates.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFerguson, Roland H.; Jensen, Victor S. 1963. The timber resources of New Hampshire. Resour. Bull. NE-1. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 46p.
- The timber resources of Vermont
- The timber resources of Pennsylvania
- The timber resources of West Virginia
XML: View XML