Skip to Main Content
The timber resources of West VirginiaAuthor(s): Roland H. Ferguson
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-2. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 123p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (3.42 MB)
DescriptionTo provide up-to-date information about the forest resources of the Nation, the Forest Service, U. S. Department of Agriculture, conducts a series of continuing forest surveys of the various states. This is a report on the latest forest resurvey of West Virginia, made by the Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. It supersedes a report published in 1952, which contained forest-resource data based on an earlier survey made by the Northeastern Station. In this resurvey, a scientifically designed sampling system, partly based upon remeasured plots, was used. Data were collected and analyzed by the forest-survey staff of the Northeastern Forest Experiment Station, except for the area of the Monongahela National Forest, in which the resurvey field work was done by National Forest personnel. Users of the data in this report are cautioned to read with care the definitions of the terms used, the description of the forest-survey methods, and the statements pertaining to the reliability of the estimates.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFerguson, Roland H. 1964. The timber resources of West Virginia. Resour. Bull. NE-2. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 123p.
XML: View XML