Skip to Main Content
Pulpwood production in the Northeast 1963Author(s): Neal P. Kingsley
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-3. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 26p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (760 KB)
DescriptionBecause the woodpulp industry is one of the mainstays of the forest economy of the Northeastern States, the U. S. Forest Service's Northeastern Forest Experiment Station has begun an annual survey of pulpwood production in the region. This is a report on the survey completed in 1963. The main purposes of these surveys are: (1) To determine the current magnitude of the pulpwood market. The survey will help pulpwood producers and pulpmill wood-procurement staffs to identify areas that are capable of producing large volumes of pulpwood. (2) To provide year-by-year data that can be used in analyzing trends so that the future of the pulpwood industry can be predicted with reasonable accuracy. This information should not only serve the pulpwood industry in making decisions about investment of capital and mill development; it should also be useful to public agencies concerned with the management of timber resources because it will provide the basis for projections of future demand and the basis for management decisions. (3) To provide data that can be used in evaluating the effects of the pulpwood harvest on the forest resource. This should help industry, landowners, and public agencies in carrying out orderly management of the timber resource to provide for timber supplies to fill future demands.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKingsley, Neal P. 1966. Pulpwood production in the Northeast 1963. Resour. Bull. NE-3. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 26p.
XML: View XML