Restorative Commons: Creating Health and Well-Being Through Urban LandscapesAuthor(s): Lindsay Campbell; Anne Wiesen
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-39. Newtown Square, PA : U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 278 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report - Proceedings
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (24.0 MB)
DescriptionA collection of 18 articles inspired by the Meristem 2007 Forum, "Restorative Commons for Community Health." The articles include interviews, case studies, thought pieces, and interdisciplinary theoretical works that explore the relationship between human health and the urban environment. This volume is a joint endeavor of Meristem and the U.S. Forest Service Northern Research Station as they work to strengthen networks of researchers and practitioners to develop new solutions to persistent and emergent challenges to human health, well-being, and potential within the urban environment.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCampbell, Lindsay; Wiesen, Anne. 2009. Restorative Commons: Creating Health and Well-Being Through Urban Landscapes. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-39. Newtown Square, PA : U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 278 p.
Keywordscivic stewardship, natural resource management, design with nature, neighborhood resilience, sustainable city, green infrastructure, ecology
- Re-naturing the city: a role for sustainable infrastructure and buildings
- Urban gardens: catalysts for restorative commons infrastructure
- Creative uncertainty
XML: View XML