Skip to Main Content
Marking guides for northern hardwoods under the selection systemAuthor(s): Carl, Jr. Arbogast
Source: Station Paper LS-56. St. Paul, Minn.: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Lake States Forest Experiment Station. 20 p.
Publication Series: Science Perspectives (SP)
Station: Lake States Forest Experiment Station
PDF: Download Publication (3.2 MB)
DescriptionThe preparation of these guides has been a joint undertaking of research and national forest administration. Reviews and suggestions of other members of the Station who are active in northern hardwood research were helpful, especially those from men working at the Upper Peninsula Research Center in Marquette, Mich., and the Northern Lakes Research Center in Wausau, Wis. Numerous field conferences helped to integrate research results and thinking with the experience of national forest managers. The advice and suggestions of industrial foresters and timberland owners provided additional ideas.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationArbogast, Carl, Jr. 1957. Marking guides for northern hardwoods under the selection system. Station Paper LS-56. St. Paul, Minn.: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Lake States Forest Experiment Station. 20 p.
- Frontiers of Forestry Research - Priest River Experimental Forest, 1911-1976
- Introduction [Chapter 1]
- The comparative risk assessment framework and tools (CRAFT)
XML: View XML