Skip to Main Content
Recent advances in research of some pest problems of hybrid populus in Michigan and WisconsinAuthor(s): Lincoln M. Moore; Louis F. Wilson
Source: In: Hansen, Edward A., ed. Intensive plantation culture: 12 years research. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-91. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station: 94-101.
Publication Series: Other
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (2.08 MB)
DescriptionHybrid Populus clones were examined for impact from and resistance to attack from several insects and diseases. Cottonwood leaf beetle, poplar-and-willow borer, and Septoria canker were most injurious. The spotted poplar aphid and poplar-gall saperda, even when abundant, caused only minor impact. The tarnished plant bug, a newly identified pest of Populus, injured young trees near agricultural areas. Hybrid clones show a wide range of susceptibility to pests and provide exceptional breeding material for pest-resistant trees.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMoore, Lincoln M.; Wilson, Louis F. 1983. Recent advances in research of some pest problems of hybrid populus in Michigan and Wisconsin. In: Hansen, Edward A., ed. Intensive plantation culture: 12 years research. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-91. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station: 94-101.
- Selecting and utilizing Populus and Salix for landfill covers: implications for leachate irrigation
- Effect of Alnus glutinosa on hybrid populus growth and soil nitrogen concentration in a mixed plantation
- Genetic architecture of quantitative Melampsora larici-populina leaf rust resistance in poplars (Populus spp.)
XML: View XML