Skip to Main Content
Forest Statistics for Pennsylvania - 1978Author(s): Thomas J. Considine; Douglas S. Powell
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-65. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 88 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (11.56 MB)
DescriptionA statistical report on the third forest survey of Pennsylvania conducted in 1977 and 1978. Statistical findings are based on data from remeasured 115-acre plots and both remeasured and new 10-point variable-radius plots. The current status of forestland area, timber volume, and annual growth and removals is presented. Timber products output by timber industries, based on a 1976 updated canvass of manufacturers, is presented.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationConsidine, Thomas J.; Powell, Douglas S. 1980. Forest Statistics for Pennsylvania - 1978. Resour. Bull. NE-65. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 88 p.
Keywordsforest survey, area, volume, growth, removals, counties
- The forest resources of Maryland
- Forest Statistics for Ohio--1979
- Forest statistics for New York--1980
XML: View XML