Skip to Main Content
Pulpwood production in the Northeast 1970Author(s): James T. Bones; David R. Dickson
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-24. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 34p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (865.33 KB)
DescriptionThis annual report is based on a canvass of all pulpmills in the Northeast that use wood-either roundwood or plant residues-as a basic raw material for a variety of products. Mills that use pulpwood as a raw material in producing insulation board and hardboard were also included in the canvass. The statistics for production from roundwood reported in this bulletin are based upon mill receipts, which are subject to fluctuations caused by uneven wood-inventory buildups or liquidations from year to year. The plant residues are received at the pulpmill mostly in chip form; however, some coarse residues are being chipped at the mill site. Origins of mill receipts of pulpwood from roundwood are reported by county where cut. However, pulpwood from plant residues can be traced only to the State where it was produced; some of the logs from which the residues came were probably cut in States other than the one in which they were processed.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBones, James T.; Dickson, David R. 1971. Pulpwood production in the Northeast 1970. Resour. Bull. NE-24. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 34p.
- Pulpwood production in the Northeast 1969
- Pulpwood production in the Northeast - 1974
- Northeastern pulpwood, 1977 - an annual assessment of regional timber output
XML: View XML