Skip to Main Content
Primary wood-product industries of Pennsylvania - 1969Author(s): James T. Bones; John K., Jr. Sherwood
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-27. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 34p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.34 MB)
DescriptionThe 1969 survey of the wood-product industry showed that, since the 1964 survey in Pennsylvania: Veneer log production was down 27 percent to 15 million board feet. Total roundwood output was down 1 percent to 148.9 million cubic feet. Cooperage log production was up 52 percent to nearly 10 million board feet. Sawlog production was down less than 0.5 percent to 543 million board feet, while number of operating sawmills dropped from 999 to 684. Mine timber production was down 6 percent to nearly 6 million cubic feet. Puplwood production was up 8 percent to 622 thousand cords. Combined production for other products such as posts, bat and handle stock, and miscellaneous dimension stock was down 63 percent to 2.5 million cubic feet.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBones, James T.; Sherwood, John K., Jr. 1972. Primary wood-product industries of Pennsylvania - 1969. Resour. Bull. NE-27. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 34p.
- Forest statistics for the Northern Coastal Plain of North Carolina, 1990
- Virginia's forests, 1992
- Forest statistics for Georgia, 1982
XML: View XML