Skip to Main Content
Northeastern Forest Regeneration Handbook:A Guide for Forest Owners,Harvesting Practitioners, and Public OfficialsAuthor(s): Jeffrey Ward; Thomas Worthley; Peter Smallidge; Karen Bennett
Source: Published by: USDA Forest Service, Northeastern Area State and Private Forestry, 11 Campus Boulevard, Suite 200, Newtown Square, PA 19073
Publication Series: Other
PDF: View PDF (1.93 MB)
DescriptionThis handbook has been prepared to help readers develop an appreciation of how northeastern forests develop and an understanding of forest regeneration concepts, including the importance of disturbance. This information will help landowners and other land use decisionmakers, in concert with professional foresters, make informed decisions about forest regeneration options tailored to their management objectives.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWard, Jeffrey; Worthley, Thomas; Smallidge, Peter; Bennett, Karen. 2006. Northeastern Forest Regeneration Handbook:A Guide for Forest Owners,Harvesting Practitioners, and Public Officials. Published by: USDA Forest Service, Northeastern Area State and Private Forestry, 11 Campus Boulevard, Suite 200, Newtown Square, PA 19073
Keywordsnortheastern forests, forest regeneration, forest disturbance, forest management, NA-TP-03-06
- Development of a central hardwood stand following whole-tree clearcutting in Connecticut
- An assessment of advance regeneration and herbaceous communities in Pennsylvania forests
- Forest ecology
XML: View XML