Skip to Main Content
The timber industries of New Hampshire and VermontAuthor(s): James T. Bones; Nicolas Engalichev; William G. Gove
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-35. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 28p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.42 MB)
DescriptionThe 1972 timber-industry surveys showed that, since the 1959 survey in New Hampshire: Total roundwood output has declined 17 percent to 50.2 million cubic feet. Sawlog production has declined 22 percent to 182.0 million board feet. Pulpwood production has declined 7 percent to 200.7 thousand cords. Veneer-log production has declined 84 percent to 2.1 million board feet. Combined production of other products such as cooperage logs, posts and pilings, and dimension, excelsior, and turnery bolts has risen 123 percent to 2.3 million cubic feet. Since the 1965 survey in Vermont: Total roundwood output has declined 1 percent to 36.1 million board feet. Sawlog production has risen less than 0.5 percent to 125.2 million board feet. Pulpwood production has risen 20 percent to 135.5 thousand cords. Veneer-log production has declined 54 percent to 7.0 million board feet. Combined production of other products such as poles and pilings, posts, dimension and turnery bolts, and novelty fencing has declined 25 percent to 3.7 million cubic feet.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBones, James T.; Engalichev, Nicolas; Gove, William G. 1974. The timber industries of New Hampshire and Vermont. Resour. Bull. NE-35. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 28p.
- The timber industries of West Virginia
- Primary wood-product industries of Pennsylvania - 1969
- The timber industries of Kentucky
XML: View XML