Skip to Main Content
Land resources: forests and arid landsAuthor(s): M.G. Ryan; S.R. Archer; R.A. Birdsey; C.N. Dahm; L.S. Heath; J.A. Hicke; D.Y. Hollinger; T.E. Huxman; G.S. Okin; R. Oren; J.T. Randerson; W.H. Schlesinger
Source: In: Janetos, T.; Schimel, D., eds. The effects of climate change on agriculture, land resources, water resources, and biodiversity. SAP 4-3. U.S. Climate Change Science Program, Washington, DC, USA: 75-120.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (3.85 MB)
DescriptionThis synthesis and assessment report builds on an extensive scientific literature and series of recent assessments of the historical and potential impacts of climate change and climate variability on managed and unmanaged ecosystems and their constituent biota and processes. It identifies changes in resource conditions that are now being observed and examines whether these changes can be attributed in whole or part to climate change. It also highlights changes in resource conditions that recent scientific studies suggest are most likely to occur in response to climate change, and when and where to look for these changes.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRyan, M.G.; Archer, S.R.; Birdsey, R.A.; Dahm, C.N.; Heath, L.S.; Hicke, J.A.; Hollinger, D.Y.; Huxman, T.E.; Okin, G.S.; Oren, R.; Randerson, J.T.; Schlesinger, W.H. 2008. Land resources: forests and arid lands. In: Janetos, T.; Schimel, D., eds. The effects of climate change on agriculture, land resources, water resources, and biodiversity. SAP 4-3. U.S. Climate Change Science Program, Washington, DC, USA: 75-120.
- Land resources: Forest and arid lands [Chapter 3]
- National climate assessment technical report on the impacts of climate and land use and land cover change
- Adaptation: Planning for climate change and its effects on federal lands
XML: View XML