Skip to Main Content
Effect of entomopathogenic nematodes on Plectrodera scalator (Fabricius) (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae)Author(s): Declan J. Fallon; Leellen F. Solter; Leah S. Bauer; Deborah L. Miller; James R. Cate; Michael L. McManus
Source: Journal of Invertebrate Pathology. 92:55-57.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (112.41 KB)
DescriptionEntomopathogenic nematodes were screened for efficacy against the cottonwood borer, Plectrodera scalator (Fabricius). Steinernema feltiae SN and S. carpocapsae All killed 58 and 50% of larvae, respectively, in Wlter paper bioassays but less than 10% in diet cup bioassays. S. glaseri NJ, S. riobrave TX, and H. indica MG-13 killed less than 10% of larvae in both assays. H. marelata IN was ineVective in the diet cup bioassay and killed 12.9% of larvae in a Wlter paper bioassay. The nematode isolates we tested are not suitable for use as biological control agents against P. scalator.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFallon, Declan J.; Solter, Leellen F.; Bauer, Leah S.; Miller, Deborah L.; Cate, James R.; McManus, Michael L. 2006. Effect of entomopathogenic nematodes on Plectrodera scalator (Fabricius) (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae). Journal of Invertebrate Pathology. 92:55-57.
Keywordsbiological control, Cottonwood borer, Heterorhabditi, , nematodes, Plectrodera scalator, preconditioning, Steinernema
- Susceptibility of Asian longhorned beetle, Anoplophora glabripennis (Motchulsky) (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae) to entomopathogenic nematodes
- Laboratory Evaluation of the Toxicity of Systemic Insecticides for Control of Anoplophora glabripennis and Plectrodera scalator (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae)
- Antitermitic Activities of Shisham (Dalbergia Sissoo Roxb.) Heartwood Extractives against two Termite Species
XML: View XML