Skip to Main Content
The timber industries of MarylandAuthor(s): James T. Bones; John E. Brodie
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-52. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 20p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (3.24 MB)
DescriptionA periodic evaluation of statewide industrial timber output based upon a complete survey of the primary wood manufacturing plants in Maryland. Contains statistics about industrial timber production and receipts in 1975 and the production and disposition of the manufacturing residues that resulted. The 43 million cubic feet of industrial wood produced in 1975 represented a 25 percent production decline since 1963 when the previous survey was made. Pulpwood and veneer log production, however, increased between 1963 and 1975. Other trends in industrial product output and manufacturing residue use are presented along with 20 statistical tables.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBones, James T.; Brodie, John E. 1977. The timber industries of Maryland. Resour. Bull. NE-52. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 20p.
- Pennsylvania timber industries - a periodic assessment of timber output
- Ohio timber industries - a periodic assessment of timber output
- Maine timber industries - a periodic assessment of timber output
XML: View XML