Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
The forest resources of West VirginiaAuthor(s): James T. Bones
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-56. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 105p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (4.97 MB)
DescriptionA statistical and analytical report of the third forest survey of West Virginia by the Forest Service, U. S. Department of Agriculture. Findings are based on the remeasurement of 1/5-acre plots and new 10-point cluster plots. This report analyzes trends in forest land area, timber volume, annual growth, and timber removals. Timber- products output by forest industries, based upon a canvas of industries in 1974, and the importance of timber and forests to the State's economy and environment are also discussed. The report includes a discussion of the outlook for timber supplies during the next 30 years, a discussion of resource management opportunities, and 65 tables of statistical data.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBones, James T. 1978. The forest resources of West Virginia. Resour. Bull. NE-56. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 105p.
- The forest resources of Vermont
- The forest resources of New Hampshire
- The forest resources of Maryland
XML: View XML