Skip to Main Content
Pennsylvania timber industries - a periodic assessment of timber outputAuthor(s): James T. Bones; John K., Jr. Sherwood
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-59. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 26p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (4.13 MB)
DescriptionA periodic evaluation of statewide industrial timber output based on a survey of the primary wood-manufacturing plants in Pennsylvania. Contains statistics on the industrial timber harvest and plant wood-receipts in 1976, and the production and disposition of the manufacturing residues that resulted. The 166 million cubic feet of industrial wood produced in 1976 represented a 12-percent increase in production since 1969 when the previous survey was made. Although sawlog and pulpwood production increased during the period, cooperage log and mine timber production decreased. Other trends in industrial product output and use of manufacturing residue are presented along with 20 statistical tables.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBones, James T.; Sherwood, John K., Jr. 1978. Pennsylvania timber industries - a periodic assessment of timber output. Resour. Bull. NE-59. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 26p.
- Ohio timber industries - a periodic assessment of timber output
- Maine timber industries - a periodic assessment of timber output
- The timber industries of Maryland
XML: View XML