Skip to Main Content
Northeastern pulpwood, 1977 - an annual assessment of regional timber outputAuthor(s): Robert L., Jr. Nevel; David R. Dickson
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-60. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 27p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (4.35 MB)
DescriptionThis annual assessment of regional timber output is based on a canvass of the pulpmills in the Northeast that use roundwood or wood residue as a basic raw material for paper, insulation, and hardboard products. The report includes a discussion and tabular data on roundwood and chips from plant residues produced in and received by 14 northeastern states in 1977: pulpwood production by state, county, and species group; pulpwood receipts from roundwood by state and species group; pulpwood chip receipts by state and species group; and production of total-tree chips. From 1976 to 1977, pulpwood production increased by 10 percent; roundwood production rose by 4 percent; and chipped residue production jumped by 29 percent. Current record levels are discussed and trends in pulpwood production for the past 15 years are illustrated. A list of the woodpulp mills that received northeastern pulpwood during 1977 is included.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNevel, Robert L., Jr.; Dickson, David R. 1979. Northeastern pulpwood, 1977 - an annual assessment of regional timber output. Resour. Bull. NE-60. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 27p.
- Northeastern Pulpwood, 1978 - an annual assessment of regional timber output
- Northeastern pulpwood, 1979 - an annual assessment of regional timber output
- Pulpwood production and receipts in the Northeast. 1980: A statistical report
XML: View XML