Skip to Main Content
Ohio timber industries - a periodic assessment of timber outputAuthor(s): Robert L., Jr. Nevel; Robert B. Redett
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-64. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 33p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (1.28 MB)
DescriptionA periodic evaluation of industrial timber output in Ohio based on a statewide survey of the primary wood manufacturing plants. Contains statistics on the industrial timber harvest and plant wood receipts in 1978, and the production and disposition of the manufacturing residues that resulted. The 74 million cubic feet (ft³) or 2.2 million cubic meters (m³) of industrial wood produced in 1978 represented an 8-percent decrease in production since the previous survey in 1973. Although production of pulpwood, veneer logs, and cooperage logs increased during the period, sawlog and mine timber production decreased. Other trends in industrial product output and use of manufacturing residue are presented.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNevel, Robert L., Jr.; Redett, Robert B. 1980. Ohio timber industries - a periodic assessment of timber output. Resour. Bull. NE-64. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 33p.
- Pennsylvania timber industries - a periodic assessment of timber output
- The timber industries of Maryland
- The timber industries of New Hampshire and Vermont: a periodic assessment of timber output
XML: View XML