Skip to Main Content
Northeastern pulpwood, 1979 - an annual assessment of regional timber outputAuthor(s): Robert L., Jr. Nevel; James T. Bones
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-67. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 28p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (4.84 MB)
DescriptionThis annual assessment of regional timber output is based on a canvass of the pulpmills in the Northeast that use roundwood or wood residue as a basic raw material for paper, insulation, and hardboard products. Contained in the report are a discussion and tabular data on roundwood and chips from plant residues produced and received in the 14 Northeastern states in 1979. This includes pulpwood production by state, county, and species group; pulpwood receipts from roundwood by state and species group; pulpwood chip receipts by state and species group; and production of total-tree chips. From 1978 to 1979, total pulpwood production increased by nearly 4 percent; roundwood production remained about the same, while chipped residue production jumped 14 percent. Current record levels are discussed and trends in pulpwood production for the past 17 years are illustrated. A list of the woodpulp mills that received northeastern pulpwood during 1979 also is presented.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNevel, Robert L., Jr.; Bones, James T. 1981. Northeastern pulpwood, 1979 - an annual assessment of regional timber output. Resour. Bull. NE-67. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 28p.
- Northeastern pulpwood, 1977 - an annual assessment of regional timber output
- Northeastern Pulpwood, 1978 - an annual assessment of regional timber output
- Pulpwood production in the northeast: 1982
XML: View XML