Skip to Main Content
Morphological and molecular studies on Resinicium s. str.Author(s): Karen K. Nakasone
Source: Canadian Journal of Botany 85:420-436
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (2.47 MB)
DescriptionResinicium Parmasto is typified by Resinicium bicolor (Alb. & Schwein.: Fr.) Parm., (Hymenochaetales, Basidiomycota), a readily recognized and widely distributed corticioid, lignicolous species in the northern hemisphere. Five new species of Resinicium closely allied to R. bicolor from the Caribbean region are described and illustrated: Resinicium confertum Nakasone, sp. nov., Resinicium monticola Nakasone, sp. nov., Resinicium mutabile Nakasone. sp. nov., Resinicium rimulosum Nakasone, sp. nov., and Resinicium tenue Nakasone. sp. nov. In addition, R. bicolor and Resinicium friabile Hjortstam & Melo are redescribed and illustrated. Sequence analyses of the internal transcribed spacer region support the recognition of the new taxa. Further, nuclear small subunit ribosomal RNA sequence data support the recognition of two groups of Resinicium species: the Resinicium s. str. group, including R. bicolor, and the Resinicium s.1. group that includes Resinicium furfuraceum (Bres.) Parm. The genus Resinicium is redefined and a key to the Resinicium s. str. species is provided.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNakasone, Karen K. 2007. Morphological and molecular studies on Resinicium s. str. Canadian Journal of Botany 85:420-436
KeywordsITS spacer region, 18S rRNA, astrocystidia, halocystidia, Odontia bicolor
- Morphological and molecular studies on Resinicium s. str.
- Sarcodon in the Neotropics I: new species from Guyana, Puerto Rico and Belize
- Phylogeographic patterns of the Aconitum nemorum species group (Ranunculaceae) shaped by geological and climatic events in the Tianshan Mountains and their surroundings
XML: View XML