Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Arthrornyces and Blastosporella, two new genera of conidia-producing lyophylloid agarics (Agaricales, Basidiornycota) from the neotropicsAuthor(s): Timothy J. Baroni; Ana Esperanza Franco-molano; D. Jean Lodge; Daniel L. Lindner; Egon Horak; Valerie Hofstetter
Source: Mycological Research. III: 572-580.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (929.93 KB)
DescriptionTwo new genera encompassing three new species of lyophylloid agarics that produce conidia on the basidiomata are described. Arthromyces is a genus comprised of two very different arthrospore-producing mushroom species found in the Greater Antilles and Central America. Blastosporella is a monotypic genus with spherical balls of blastospores covering the pileus surface with age and is known from Hispaniola and Colombia. A key to the species of Arthrornyces is included.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBaroni, Timothy J.; Franco-molano, Ana Esperanza; Lodge, D. Jean; Lindner, Daniel L.; Horak, Egon; Hofstetter, Valerie. 2007. Arthrornyces and Blastosporella, two new genera of conidia-producing lyophylloid agarics (Agaricales, Basidiornycota) from the neotropics. Mycological Research. III: 572-580.
KeywordsArthrosporella, Arthrospores, Blastospores, Caribbean, Central America, Colombia, Key to species, Lyophyllaceae, new species, tropical montane
- Arthromyces and Blastosporella, two new genera of conidia-producing lyophylloid agarics (Agaricales, Basidiomycota) from the neotropics
- A global view of Gyroporus: molecular phylogenetics, diversity patterns, and new species
- Molecular phylogeny, morphology, pigment chemistry and ecology in Hygrophoraceae (Agaricales)
XML: View XML