Skip to Main Content
Forest owner cooperation around the world: where, how, and why it succeedsAuthor(s): David B. Kittredge
Source: In: Jakes, Pamela, ed. Forestry cooperatives: what today's resource professionals need to know. Proceedings of a satellite conference; 2003 November 18. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-266. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 31-38.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.93 MB)
DescriptionThe cooperation of private forest owners appears to be enjoying a renaissance of interest in the United States. The success of the national satellite conference on the subject is just one indication of new popularity, or a need to know more. Small, locally based efforts are springing up in a number of states, and a certain momentum has built in the last 5-10 years. As described by Rickenbach in an earlier chapter, this is apparently not the first time there has been interest like this in the United States. Groups of private landowners have experimented with different types of cooperation over the years, but they have not withstood the test of time. As a result, to some, this current interest may appear new. Private forest owners in other countries have cooperated for decades and continue to do so, however, and many examples have proven to be both durable and productive.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKittredge, David B. 2006. Forest owner cooperation around the world: where, how, and why it succeeds. In: Jakes, Pamela, ed. Forestry cooperatives: what today''s resource professionals need to know. Proceedings of a satellite conference; 2003 November 18. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-266. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 31-38.
- Timber market research, private forests, and policy rhetoric
- Design, implementation, and analysis methods for the National Woodland Owner Survey
- Northeastern Oregon bark beetle control project 1910-11.
XML: View XML