Skip to Main Content
Learning from the experiences of others: four forest landowner cooperatives share their storiesAuthor(s): Pamela Jakes
Source: In: Jakes, Pamela, ed. Forestry cooperatives: what today's resource professionals need to know. Proceedings of a satellite conference; 2003 November 18. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-266. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 53-62.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: North Central Research Station
PDF: View PDF (155.83 KB)
DescriptionFor a community or group investigating the appropriateness of a cooperative as a means for organizing local landowners to accomplish forest management or marketing objectives, it is useful to hear about the experiences of other communities or cooperatives. For the conference, we put together a series of video case studies, summarizing the stories of four forest landowner cooperatives as told by cooperative members or potential members. A DVD of the video case studies is included with this report. What follows is a brief description of each cooperative, based on the perceptions and insights of the people we interviewed. Also included is an update on progress made by the cooperative since the interviews were conducted in the summer and early fall of 2003.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationJakes, Pamela. 2006. Learning from the experiences of others: four forest landowner cooperatives share their stories. In: Jakes, Pamela, ed. Forestry cooperatives: what today''s resource professionals need to know. Proceedings of a satellite conference; 2003 November 18. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-266. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station. 53-62.
- Building trust in natural resource management within local communities: a case study of the Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie
- Cooperative partnerships and the role of private landowners
- Cooperative functions: meeting members' needs
XML: View XML