Skip to Main Content
Boletes from Belize and the Dominican RepublicAuthor(s): Beatriz Ortiz-Santana; D. Jean Lodge; Timothy J. Baroni; Ernst E. Both
Source: Fungal Diversity. 27: 247-416.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (8.41 MB)
DescriptionThis paper presents results of surveys of stipitate-pileate Boletales in Belize and the Dominican Republic. A key to the Boletales from Belize and the Dominican Republic is provided, followed by descriptions, drawings of the micro-structures and photographs of each identified species. Approximately 456 collections from Belize and 222 from the Dominican Republic were studied comprising 58 species of boletes, greatly augmenting the knowledge of the diversity of this group in the Caribbean Basin. A total of 52 species in 14 genera were identified from Belize, including 14 new species. Twenty-nine of the previously described species are new records for Belize and 11 are new for Central America. In the Dominican Republic, 14 species in 7 genera were found, including 4 new species, with one of these new species also occurring in Belize, i.e. Retiboletus vinaceipes. Only one of the previously described species found in the Dominican Republic is a new record for Hispaniola and the Caribbean.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOrtiz-Santana, Beatriz; Lodge, D. Jean; Baroni, Timothy J.; Both, Ernst E. 2007. Boletes from Belize and the Dominican Republic. Fungal Diversity. 27: 247-416.
KeywordsBoletales, Caribbean, Central America, systematics
- Four new species of Morchella from the Americas
- Luminescent Mycena: new and noteworthy species
- Overstory and understory relationships in longleaf pine plantations 14 years after thinning and woody control
XML: View XML