Skip to Main Content
Data Recorders Speed Forest SurveysAuthor(s): George C. Keith; Roy C. Beltz
Source: Res. Note SO-257. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (42 KB)
DescriptionAdapting computer and communications concepts to conduct and analyze forest surveys has been undertaken by the Renewable Resources Evaluation Research project of Southern Forest Experiment Station. How data is relayed from the faraway forest site to the unit's base without handwriting one note is described in this study.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKeith, George C.; Beltz, Roy C. 1980. Data Recorders Speed Forest Surveys. Res. Note SO-257. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 4 p.
Keywordsforest inventory, data capture, telecommunications, data editing and processing, ADP, computer processing
- Using basic geographic information systems functionality to support sustainable forest management decision making and post-decision assessments
- The forest inventory and analysis database description and users manual version 1.0
- The Eastwide forest inventory data base: users manual.
XML: View XML