Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Using Bayleton (Triadimefon) to Control Fusiform Rust in Pine Tree NurseriesAuthor(s): G.A. Snow; S.J. Rowan; J.P. Jones; W. D. Kelley; J.G. Mexal
Source: Res. Note SO-253. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 5 p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (80 KB)
DescriptionBayletor® was field-tested for fusiform rust control at eight pine tree nurseries during the spring of 1978. Four to six foliar sprays of this systemic fungicide were as effective as ferbam sprayed 16 to 36 times. Seed treatment with Bayleton reduced infection levels but did not significantly improve rust control in plots sprayed with Bayleton. At high rates, Bayleton sprays inhibited seedling growth and mycorrhizal development. However, proper application rates should minimize this problem and result in no loss of seedling quality.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSnow, G.A.; Rowan, S.J.; Jones, J.P.; Kelley, W. D.; Mexal, J.G. 1979. Using Bayleton (Triadimefon) to Control Fusiform Rust in Pine Tree Nurseries. Res. Note SO-253. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 5 p.
KeywordsCronartium quercuum f. sp. fusiforme, loblolly pine, slash pine, fungicide
- Antibiotic Treatment of Blister Rust Cankers in Eastern White Pine
- Early brush control promotes growth of ponderosa pine planted on bulldozed site
- Rust resistance in seedling families of Pinus albicaulis and Pinus strobiformis and implications for restoration
XML: View XML