Skip to Main Content
Annotated black walnut literatureAuthor(s): J. W. Van Sambeek
Source: Walnut Council Bulletin: Promoting Walnut and Other Fine Hardwoods. 34(1): 7-9.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.13 MB)
DescriptionMany of the publications on establishment, management, and utilization of black walnut and other high-value hardwoods are printed in conference proceedings or scientific journals that are not readily available at most public libraries or on the internet. As Chair of the Education Committee of the Walnut Council, I have tried to summarize the findings from the following technical articles or books, especially as they may relate to black walnut or butternut. If available, I have also indicated where to write for reprints or given an address where the articles can be downloaded if in the internet. As an additional service, I have placed copies of these materials in the Walnut Council Library. Members of the Walnut Council can borrow these materials for two weeks by sending a written request or email to the above address.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationVan Sambeek, J. W. 2007. Annotated black walnut literature. Walnut Council Bulletin: Promoting Walnut and Other Fine Hardwoods. 34(1): 7-9.
- Annotated black walnut literature
- Reproduction of walnut twig beetle in black walnut and butternut
- The black walnut resource in the United States
XML: View XML