Skip to Main Content
Plantation establishment: site preparation and tree planting methodsAuthor(s): J. W. Van Sambeek
Source: Walnut Council Bulletin: Promoting Walnut and Other Fine Hardwoods. 35(1): 1-11.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1 MB)
DescriptionThe Silviculture and Ecology of the Central Hardwoods research unit of the USDA Forest Service is developing a series of technical notes for the management of forest lands in the Midwest. Many of the technical notes on different aspects of hardwood plantation establishment have been completed. At the request of the editor, the technical notes for site preparation, slit method of planting, and hole method of planting were modified slightly for publication in this issue of the Walnut Council Bulletin. The author would appreciate your feedback and suggestions for improving these technical notes.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationVan Sambeek, J. W. 2008. Plantation establishment: site preparation and tree planting methods. Walnut Council Bulletin: Promoting Walnut and Other Fine Hardwoods. 35(1): 1-11.
XML: View XML