Skip to Main Content
Part 3: Urban Tree Planting GuideAuthor(s): Karen Cappiella; Tom Schueler; Jennifer Tomlinson; Tiffany Wright
Source: USDA Forest Service, Northeastern Area, State and Private Forestry
Publication Series: Technical Bulletin
PDF: View PDF (3.43 MB)
DescriptionThis manual provides detailed guidance on urban tree planting that applies at both the development site and the watershed scale. Topics covered include: species selection, site preparation, tree planting and maintenance techniques, and special considerations for urban tree planting.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCappiella, Karen; Schueler, Tom; Tomlinson, Jennifer; Wright, Tiffany 2006. Part 3: Urban Tree Planting Guide. USDA Forest Service, Northeastern Area, State and Private Forestry
Keywordstree planting, plant trees, watershed tree maintenance, urban trees, plant trees, tree planting guide, tree planting manual, NA-TP-01-06, urban forestry, community forestry, watershed, watershed forestry, urban watershed, species selection, site preparation, tree maintenance
- Urban Watershed Forestry Manual Part 3: Urban Tree Planting Guide
- Urban Watershed Forestry Manual Part 2 Conserving and Planting Trees at Development Sites
- Prioritizing preferable locations for increasing urban tree canopy in New York City
XML: View XML