Skip to Main Content
REST: a computer system for estimating logging residue by using the line-intersect methodAuthor(s): A. Jeff Martin
Source: Research Note NE-212. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 4p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (243.8 KB)
DescriptionA computer program was designed to accept logging-residue measurements obtained by line-intersect sampling and transform them into summaries useful for the land manager. The features of the program, along with inputs and outputs, are briefly described, with a note on machine compatibility.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMartin, A. Jeff. 1975. REST: a computer system for estimating logging residue by using the line-intersect method. Research Note NE-212. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 4p.
KeywordsLogging residue, computer program
- Government regulation of forestry practices on private forest land in the United States: an assessment of state government responsibilities and program performance
- Influence and effectiveness of financial incentive programs in programs in promoting sustainable forestry in the South
- VENVAL : a plywood mill cost accounting program
XML: View XML