Skip to Main Content
Phenological prediction of forest pest-defoliatorsAuthor(s): Valentina Meshkova
Source: In: McManus, Michael L.; Liebhold, Andrew M., eds. Proceedings: Ecology, Survey and Management of Forest Insects; 2002 September 1-5; Krakow, Poland. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-311. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 160-161.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (95.58 KB)
DescriptionThe methodology for predicting phenological events are useful for predicting the seasonal development of insects in the current year, for analyzing terms and rate variation of insect population development in different years, and for comparing different geographical and ecological insect populations after terms and rate of different stages of seasonal development.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMeshkova, Valentina. 2003. Phenological prediction of forest pest-defoliators. In: McManus, Michael L.; Liebhold, Andrew M., eds. Proceedings: Ecology, Survey and Management of Forest Insects; 2002 September 1-5; Krakow, Poland. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-311. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 160-161.
- Hazard rating forest stands for gypsy moth
- Modeling cold tolerance in the mountain pine beetle, Dendroctonus ponderosae
- Chapter 37: Population Trends of the Marbled Murrelet Projected From Demographic Analyses
XML: View XML