Skip to Main Content
Yield table for hardwood bark residueAuthor(s): Jeffery L. Wartluft
Source: Research Note NE-199. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 4p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (263.3 KB)
DescriptionBark residue weights are tabulated for eight species of hardwood sawlogs according to log volume by the Doyle, International 1/4-inch, and Scribner decimal C log rules. Factors are provided for converting from weight in pounds to volume in cubic yards.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWartluft, Jeffery L. 1974. Yield table for hardwood bark residue. Research Note NE-199. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 4p.
- Predicted weights and volumes of firewood in hardwood trees in the Southeast
- Estimating load weights with Huber's Cubic Volume formula: a field trial.
- The adjusting factor method for weight-scaling truckloads of mixed hardwood sawlogs
XML: View XML