Skip to Main Content
Yield table for hardwood bark residueAuthor(s): Jeffery L. Wartluft
Source: Research Note NE-199. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 4p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (263.3 KB)
DescriptionBark residue weights are tabulated for eight species of hardwood sawlogs according to log volume by the Doyle, International 1/4-inch, and Scribner decimal C log rules. Factors are provided for converting from weight in pounds to volume in cubic yards.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
CitationWartluft, Jeffery L. 1974. Yield table for hardwood bark residue. Research Note NE-199. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 4p.
- Predicted weights and volumes of firewood in hardwood trees in the Southeast
- Estimating load weights with Huber's Cubic Volume formula: a field trial.
- The adjusting factor method for weight-scaling truckloads of mixed hardwood sawlogs
XML: View XML