Skip to Main Content
Kansas' forest resources, 2005Author(s): W. Keith Moser; Gary J. Brand; Melissa Powers
Source: Resour. Bull. NRS-11. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 25 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (2.87 MB)
DescriptionThe USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station, Forest Inventory and Analysis (NRS-FIA) program is changing to a Web-based, dynamically linked reporting system. As part of the process, this year NRS-FIA is producing this abbreviated summary of 2005 data. This resource bulletin reports on area, volume, and biomass using data from 2001 through 2005. Estimates from this inventory showed a total of 2.1 million acres of forest land in the State, with almost all of it, 2.0 million acres, classified as timberland. The estimate of total net volume of live trees on forest land was 2.7 billion cubic feet. Kansas net growing-stock volume on timberland was 1.5 billion cubic feet. Aboveground live-tree biomass on timberland was estimated at 70.1 million dry tons.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMoser, W. Keith; Brand, Gary J.; Powers, Melissa. 2007. Kansas'' forest resources, 2005. Resour. Bull. NRS-11. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 25 p.
KeywordsKansas, annual inventory, forest land, timberland, forest type, volume, biomass
- Wisconsin's forest resources, 2005
- Illinois' forest resources, 2005
- Northern Great Plains Forests 2015
XML: View XML