Skip to Main Content
A stocking guide for eastern white pineAuthor(s): James S. Philbrook; James P. Barrett; William B. Leak
Source: Research Note NE-168. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 3p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (290.71 KB)
DescriptionA stocking chart for eastern white pine is presented and described. The chart shows basal areas and numbers of trees by mean stand diameter, representing the upper limit in stocking for practical management (A curve) and minimum stocking for full site utilization (B curve).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPhilbrook, James S.; Barrett, James P.; Leak, William B. 1973. A stocking guide for eastern white pine. Research Note NE-168. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 3p.
- Southern Appalachian White Pine Plantations Site, volume, and yield
- White Pine Site Index for the Southern Forest Survey
- Restoring of white pine in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan
XML: View XML