Skip to Main Content
Emerald ash borer life cycle: a reassessmentAuthor(s): David Cappaert; Deborah McCullough; Therese Poland
Source: In: Mastro, Victor; Reardon, Richard, comps. Proceedings of the emerals ash borer research and development meeting; 2004 October 5-6; Romulus, MI. FHTET 2004-15. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 19-20.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (20 KB)
DescriptionTo establish the life cycle of EAB was one of the first objectives of EAB research. Our expectation was that Agrilus planipennis phenology would coincide roughly with that of well-characterized Agrilus species such as A. anxius and A. bilineatus: 1) mid-summer adult flight and oviposition; 2) complete four stages of larval development by fall; 3) non-feeding prepupal stage overwinter; and 4) pupation in late spring. Evidence in support of this assumption includes observations demonstrating synchronous pupation and adult flight and summer/fall dissection series showing steady progression of larval size.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCappaert, David; McCullough, Deborah; Poland, Therese. 2005. Emerald ash borer life cycle: a reassessment. In: Mastro, Victor; Reardon, Richard, comps. Proceedings of the emerals ash borer research and development meeting; 2004 October 5-6; Romulus, MI. FHTET 2004-15. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 19-20.
- Biology and larval morphology of Agrilus subcinctus (Coleoptera: Buprestidae), with comparisons to the emerald ash borer, Agrilus planipennis
- Emerald ash borer survival in firewood
- Evaluation of various insecticides applied to the bark to control emerald ash borer
XML: View XML