Skip to Main Content
Evaluation of trunk injections for control of emerald ash borerAuthor(s): Deborah G. McCullough; Therese M. Poland; David L. Cappaert; Phillip Lewis; John Molongowski
Source: In: Mastro, Victor; Reardon, Richard, comps. Proceedings of the emerals ash borer research and development meeting; 2004 October 5-6; Romulus, MI. FHTET 2004-15. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 38-39.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (16.16 KB)
DescriptionIn 2003, we evaluated trunk injections of imidacloprid for control of emerald ash borer (Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire) (EAB). Results were variable and indicated that efficacy could be affected by injection timing and method and by tree size and vigor. In 2004, we continued studies to assess the optimal timing for imidacloprid trunk injections and the persistence and translocation of imidacloprid in ash trees.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcCullough, Deborah G.; Poland, Therese M.; Cappaert, David L.; Lewis, Phillip; Molongowski, John. 2005. Evaluation of trunk injections for control of emerald ash borer. In: Mastro, Victor; Reardon, Richard, comps. Proceedings of the emerals ash borer research and development meeting; 2004 October 5-6; Romulus, MI. FHTET 2004-15. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 38-39.
- Distribution of trunk-injected 14C-imidacloprid in ash trees and effects on emerald ash borer (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) adults
- Spatial and temporal distribution of trunk-injected 14C-Imidacloprid in Fraxinus trees
- Evaluation of non-invasive trunk sprays and trunk-injected emamectic benzoate
XML: View XML