Skip to Main Content
Recreational leasing of industrial forestlands in New York StateAuthor(s): Sergio Capozzi; Chad P. Dawson
Source: In: Kyle, Gerard, comp., ed. 2001. Proceedings of the 2000 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-276. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 11-19
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (626 KB)
DescriptionAn exploratory and descriptive study of recreational leasing of industrial forestlands in the state of New York was conducted to better understand lease programs and the lessees involved in these programs. During the summer of 1999, thirteen companies were sent mail surveys and 9 responded (response rate of 69%). Based on information provided by the companies, 540 industrial forestland leaseholders were sent mail surveys and 362 leaseholders responded (deliverable response rate of 68%). Leased forestlands for outdoor recreation accounted for nearly 75% of the total forestland area owned and managed by the companies who responded to the survey. General industrial forest company and leaseholder characteristics were described and specific relationships were tested. Industrial forest managers can use this type of information to better manage their lands for producing quality outdoor recreation experiences in addition to traditional commercial forest products.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCapozzi, Sergio; Dawson, Chad P. 2001. Recreational leasing of industrial forestlands in New York State. In: Kyle, Gerard, comp., ed. 2001. Proceedings of the 2000 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-276. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 11-19
- Product costing practices in the North American hardwood component industry
- A national profile of the U.S. hardwood sawmill industry
- A segmental analysis of current and future scanning and optimizing technology in the hardwood sawmill industry
XML: View XML