Skip to Main Content
The forest service's recreation agenda: comments on the roles of research and state and private forestry in the NortheastAuthor(s): Thomas A. More; Mark J. Twery
Source: In: Kyle, Gerard, comp., ed. 2001. Proceedings of the 2000 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-276. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 273-275
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (227.08 KB)
DescriptionThe Recreation Agenda is a major document being developed to guide recreation policy within the USDA Forest Service. During the first half of 2000, the Forest Service is holding public involvement sessions on the Agenda, a fluid document which is not yet in final form. One such session held at the Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium included 26 participants who focused on the role of states, nongovernment organizations, and research. Session participants clearly saw the need for increased collaborative planning that crosses agency boundaries. They also identified major roles for partnerships and for market research.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMore, Thomas A.; Twery, Mark J. 2001. The forest service''s recreation agenda: comments on the roles of research and state and private forestry in the Northeast. In: Kyle, Gerard, comp., ed. 2001. Proceedings of the 2000 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-276. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 273-275
- National workshop on forest productivity & technology: cooperative research to support a sustainable & competitive future - progress and strategy
- Outdoor recreation in shifting societal and natural landscapes
- Summary of Round Table Session and Appendixes
XML: View XML