Skip to Main Content
Nature speaks - an exploratory study of nature as inspirationAuthor(s): Will LaPage
Source: In: Kyle, Gerard, comp., ed. 2001. Proceedings of the 2000 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-276. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 278-282
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (413.08 KB)
DescriptionArtists, composers, writers, and photographers who have been inspired by Acadia National Park and Baxter State Park, share their thoughts about the importance of nature to creativity, their feelings about park landscapes, their need for personal expression and the importance of sharing the inspirational experience. Implications for a better understanding of the park experience as re-creation are discussed, along with managerial considerations.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLaPage, Will. 2001. Nature speaks - an exploratory study of nature as inspiration. In: Kyle, Gerard, comp., ed. 2001. Proceedings of the 2000 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-276. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 278-282
- Meaningful nature places: experiencing sacred in the everyday
- Visitors' experience and lack of knowledge of minimum impact techniques in the highlands of Brazil's Itatiaia National Park
- Natural resources interpretation: the role of researchers a new-old approach
XML: View XML