Skip to Main Content
South Dakota's forests 2005Author(s): Ronald J. Piva; W. Keith Moser; Douglas D. Haugan; Gregory J. Josten; Gary J. Brand; Brett J. Butler; Susan J. Crocker; Mark H. Hansen; Dacia M. Meneguzzo; Charles H. Perry; Christopher W. Woodall
Source: Resour. Bull. NRS-35. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 96 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (3.93 MB)
DescriptionThe first completed annual inventory of South Dakota's forests reports almost 1.7 million acres of forest land. Softwood forests make up 74 percent of the total forest land area; the ponderosa pine forest type by itself accounts for 69 percent of the total.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPiva, Ronald J.; Moser, W. Keith; Haugan, Douglas D.; Josten, Gregory J.; Brand, Gary J.; Butler, Brett J.; Crocker, Susan J.; Hansen, Mark H.; Meneguzzo, Dacia M.; Perry, Charles H.; Woodall, Christopher W. 2009. South Dakota's forests 2005. Resour. Bull. NRS-35. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 96 p.
Keywordsannual inventory, forest area, forest health, forest products, South Dakota
XML: View XML