Skip to Main Content
Immigration, labor shortages, & U.S. construction marketsAuthor(s): Al Schuler
Source: Structural Building Components Magazine 20-25
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (974.69 KB)
DescriptionAs discussed in last month's column, according to Dr. Ira Wolfe, author of The Perfect Storm Fact Book, we are witnessing the beginning of a "perfect labor storm."" Globalization and demographic trends are colliding, and the result is a growing shortage of workers who possess the right skills to do the available jobs.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchuler, Al. 2006. Immigration, labor shortages, & U.S. construction markets. Structural Building Components Magazine 20-25
- Structure And Efficiency Of Timber Markets
- Lumber defect detection abilities of furniture rough mill employees
- Wood pallets wasted no more
XML: View XML