Skip to Main Content
An Individual-Tree Growth and Yield Prediction System for Uneven-Aged Shortleaf Pine StandsAuthor(s): Michael M. Huebschmann; Lawrence R. Gering; Thomas B. Lynch; Onesphore Bitoki; Paul A. Murphy
Source: SJAF 24(2) 2000
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (260 KB)
DescriptionA system of equations modeling the growth and development of uneven-aged shortleaf pine (Pinus echinata Mill.) stands is described. The prediction system consists of two main components: (1) a distance-independent, individual-tree simulator containing equations that forecast ingrowth, basal-area growth, probability of survival, total and merchantable heights, and total and merchantable volumes and weights of shortleaf pine trees; and (2) stand-level equations that predict hardwood ingrowth, basal-area growth, and mortality. These equations were combined into a computer simulation program that forecasts future states of uneven-aged shortleaf pine stands. Based on comparisons of observed and predicted stand conditions in shortleaf pine permanent forest inventory plots and examination of the growth patterns of hypothetical stands, the simulator makes acceptable forecasts of stand attributes.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHuebschmann, Michael M.; Gering, Lawrence R.; Lynch, Thomas B.; Bitoki, Onesphore; Murphy, Paul A. 2000. An Individual-Tree Growth and Yield Prediction System for Uneven-Aged Shortleaf Pine Stands. SJAF 24(2) 2000
- An Individual-Tree Growth and Yield Prediction System for Even-Aged Natural Shortleaf Pine Forests
- Growth and Yield of Uneven-Aged Shortleaf Pine Stands in the Interior Highlands
- A Survival Model for Shortleaf Pine Tress Growing in Uneven-Aged Stands
XML: View XML