Skip to Main Content
Neocampanella, a new corticioid fungal genus, and a note on Dendrothele bisporaAuthor(s): Karen K. Nakasone; David S. Hibbett; Greta Goranova
Source: Botany 87:875-882
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (430.06 KB)
DescriptionThe new genus Neocampanella (Agaricales, Agaricomycetes, Basidiomycota) is established for Dentocorticium btastanos Boidin & Gilles, a crustose species, and the new combination, Neocampanella blastanos, is proposed. Morphological and molecular studies support the recognition of the new genus and its close ties to Campanella, a pleurotoid agaric. The recently described Brunneocorticium is a monorypic, corticioid genus closely related to Campanella also. Brunneocorticium pyriforme S.H. Wu is conspecific with Dendrothele bispora Burds. & Nakasone, and the new combination, Brunneocorticium bisporum, is proposed.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNakasone, Karen K.; Hibbett, David S.; Goranova, Greta. 2009. Neocampanella, a new corticioid fungal genus, and a note on Dendrothele bispora. Botany 87:875-882
- Rhizochaete, a new genus of phanerochaetoid fungi
- A Contribution to the Taxonomy of Rhizochaete (Polyporales, Basidiomycota)
- A preliminary survey of the genus Buchwaldoboletus (Boletales: Boletaceae)
XML: View XML