Skip to Main Content
Detection of Tetropium castaneum L., an exotic longhorned beetle in the Dalles, OregonAuthor(s): Kathleen J.R. Johnson; Alan D. Mudge; James R. LaBonte; Karl A. Puls
Source: In: Fosbroke, Sandra L. C.; Gottschalk, Kurt W., eds. 2002 January 15-18; Annapolis, MD. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-300. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 44-45.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (73.66 KB)
DescriptionConcerns about the unintentional introduction of exotic woodboring insects prompted surveys of high-risk sites in Oregon beginning in 1997. Ports, port areas, mills and businesses known to have received imported wood or wood products and urban forests have been monitored statewide. These surveys have produced new state and regional records for exotic woodborers (Mudge et al. 2001).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationJohnson, Kathleen J.R.; Mudge, Alan D.; LaBonte, James R.; Puls, Karl A. 2003. Detection of Tetropium castaneum L., an exotic longhorned beetle in the Dalles, Oregon. In: Fosbroke, Sandra L. C.; Gottschalk, Kurt W., eds. 2002 January 15-18; Annapolis, MD. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-300. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 44-45.
- The Mediterranean pine engraver
- Exploring the role of wood waste landfills in early detection of non-native alien wood-boring beetles
- Effect of methyl bromide on Bursaphelenchus xylophilus in pine wood
XML: View XML