Skip to Main Content
Evaluation of insecticides for controlling the Asian longhorned beetle, Anoplophora glabripennis - a synthesis presentationAuthor(s): Baode Wang; Ruitong Gao; Win H. McLane; David M. Cowan; Victor C. Mastro; Richard C. Reardon; Therese M. Poland; Robert A. Haack
Source: In: Fosbroke, Sandra L.C.; Gottschalk, Kurt W., eds. Proceedings, U.S. Department of Agriculture interagency research forum on gypsy moth and other invasive species 2002; 2002 January 15-18; Annapolis, MD. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-300. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station: 97-99.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (86.03 KB)
DescriptionSince 1998, we have evaluated different insecticides as well as various application methods for the control of the Asian longhorned beetle (ALB), Anoplophora glabripennis. Evaluations have been conducted by two separate cooperative projects in China, one between USDA Animal Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) Otis Laboratory, USDA Forest Service (FS) Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team, Morgantown and the Chinese Academy of Forestry Institute of Forest Ecology Environment and Protection (CAF IFEEP), the other between USDA FS North Central Research Station and CAF IFEEP. In addition to the studies in China both the Otis laboratory and the North Central Research Station have conducted research in the U.S. This presentation summarizes all major activities and results of the above mentioned work.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWang, Baode; Gao, Ruitong; McLane, Win H.; Cowan, David M.; Mastro, Victor C.; Reardon, Richard C.; Poland, Therese M.; Haack, Robert A. 2003. Evaluation of insecticides for controlling the Asian longhorned beetle, Anoplophora glabripennis - a synthesis presentation. In: Fosbroke, Sandra L.C.; Gottschalk, Kurt W., eds. Proceedings, U.S. Department of Agriculture interagency research forum on gypsy moth and other invasive species 2002; 2002 January 15-18; Annapolis, MD. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-300. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station: 97-99.
- The national program for long term seed storage for ash germplasm preservation
- Forest service access to and use of the Germplasm Information Network (GRIN-Global) database and security backup at the National Laboratory for Genetic Resource Preservation
- Ex situ genetic conservation of vulnerable high elevation conifer species in the Pacific Northwest, USA
XML: View XML