Skip to Main Content
Uptake of Macro- and Micro-Nutrients into Leaf, Woody, and Root Tissue of Populus after Irrigation with Landfill LeachateAuthor(s): Jill A. Zalesny; Ronald S. Zalesny; Adam H. Wiese; Bart T. Sexton; Richard B. Hall
Source: Journal of Sustainable Forestry
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (517.0 KB)
DescriptionInformation about macro- and micro-nutrient uptake and distribution into tissues of Populus irrigated with landfill leachate helps to maximize biomass production and understand impacts of leachate chemistry on tree health. We irrigated eight Populus clones (NC 13460, NCI4O18, NC14104, NC14106, DM115, DN5, NM2, NM6) with fertilized (N, P, K) well water(control) or municipal solid waste landfill leachate weekly during 2005 and 2006 in Rhinelander, Wisconsin, USA. During Aug. 2006, we tested for differences in total N, P, K, Ca, Mg, S, Zn, B, Mn, Fe, Cu, Al, and Pb concentration in preplanting and harvest soils; and in leaf, woody (stems+branches), and root tissue.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationZalesny, Jill A.; Zalesny, Ronald S.; Wiese, Adam H.; Sexton, Bart T.; Hall, Richard B. 2008. Uptake of Macro- and Micro-Nutrients into Leaf, Woody, and Root Tissue of Populus after Irrigation with Landfill Leachate . Journal of Sustainable Forestry. 27(3): 303-327. https://doi.org/10.1080/10549810802256262.
KeywordsSustainable intensive forestry, phytoaccurnulation, waste management, hybrid poplar, Populus deltoids, P. nigra, P. maximowiczii, P. trichocarpa
- Growth and biomass of Populus irrigated with landfill leachate
- Clonal Variation in Lateral and Basal Rooting of Populus Irrigated with Landfill Leachate
- Phytoaccumulation of sodium and chloride into leaf, woody, and root tissue of Populus irrigated with landfill leachate
XML: View XML