Skip to Main Content
Urban Watershed Forestry Manual Part 1: Methods for Increasing Forest Cover in a WatershedAuthor(s): Karen Cappiella; Tom Schueler; Tiffany Wright
Source: United States Department of Agriculture Forest Service Northeastern Area State and Private Forestry NA-TP-04-05
Publication Series: Technical Bulletin
PDF: View PDF (2.61 MB)
DescriptionThis manual is one in a three-part series on using trees to protect and restore urban watersheds. A brief description of each part follows. Part 1: Methods for Increasing Forest Cover in a Watershed introduces the emerging topic of urban watershed forestry. This part also presents new methods for the watershed planner or forester to systematically measure watershed forest cover and select the best methods for maintaining or increasing this cover by protecting, enhancing, and reforesting large parcels of primarily public land across the watershed. These methods are based on extensive review of the latest research and input from experts in a wide range of related fields.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCappiella, Karen; Schueler, Tom; Wright, Tiffany. 2005. Urban Watershed Forestry Manual Part 1: Methods for Increasing Forest Cover in a Watershed. United States Department of Agriculture Forest Service Northeastern Area State and Private Forestry NA-TP-04-05
Keywordswatershed, urban watershed, forestry watershed, forestry watershed manual, forest cover, NA-TP-04-05, urban forest cover, urban forestry
- Part 1: Principles of Urban Watershed Forestry
- Urban Watershed Forestry Manual Part 2 Conserving and Planting Trees at Development Sites
- Urban Watershed Forestry Manual Part 3: Urban Tree Planting Guide
XML: View XML