Skip to Main Content
The 1993 RPA timber assessment updateAuthor(s): Richard W. Haynes; Darius M. Adams; John R. Mills
Source: General Technical Report RM-259. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. 66 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station
Download Publication (3.29 MB)
DescriptionThis update reports changes in the Nation's timber resource since the 1989 RPA timber assessment. The timber resource situation is analyzed to provide projections for future cost and availability of timber products to meet demands. Prospective trends in demands for and supplies of timber, and the factors that affect these trends are examined. These include changes in the land and timber resource base. Changing resource conditions that may lead to policy changes or that may represent opportunities for private or public investment also are identified. Market and resource trends are interpreted to provide an improved basis for managing the resource base.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHaynes, Richard W.; Adams, Darius M.; Mills, John R. 1995. The 1993 RPA timber assessment update. Gen. Tech. Rep. RM-GTR-259. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. 66 p.
KeywordsRPA, assessment, timber, projections, supply and demand, management alternatives
- Historic resource production from USDA Forest Service northern and intermountain region lands.
- Tongass National Forest timber demand: projections for 2015 to 2030
- Wood supply and demand
XML: View XML