Skip to Main Content
VENVAL : a plywood mill cost accounting programAuthor(s): Henry Spelter
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-GTR-68. Madison WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 25 pages.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
View PDF (277 KB)
DescriptionThis report documents a package of computer programs called VENVAL. These programs prepare plywood mill data for a linear programming (LP) model that, in turn, calculates the optimum mix of products to make, given a set of technologies and market prices. (The software to solve a linear program is not provided and must be obtained separately.) Linear programming finds the best solutions for a given set of circumstances. This paper illustrates and describes the software programs of VENVAL and its use in LP for softwood plywood mill operations.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSpelter, Henry. 1991. VENVAL : a plywood mill cost accounting program. Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-GTR-68. Madison WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 25 pages.
KeywordsPlywood, cost accounting, linear programming, mill scheduling
- PLYMAP : a computer simulation model of the rotary peeled softwood plywood manufacturing process
- Validation of the ROMI-RIP rough mill simulator
- Applying EXCEL Solver to a watershed management goal-programming problem
XML: View XML